WOD 12.3 was announced. We are glad to see a multiple movement workout. We wish the best of luck to everyone. Remember anyone is welcome to come give this one a try on Saturday. Feel free to scale it and just have fun. Here are some tips for this one. Go CFVP!
- This is a long one. Full output for 18 minutes will test your endurance. You may want to pace it, staying steady.
- Take a look at the 3 movements and determine where you will be strong and where you will struggle. Pace down the segment that is more difficult. Then try to make up time on your strengths.
- The box jumps will tax the leg power. As you move to the Push Press, remember you can get the bar overhead in any fashion you see fit. If your strong on this one, you may want to start with strict presses, saving energy in the hips and legs. As you fatique, move to a tight and efficient Push Press. Jerk the weight if you need to.
- The bar starts on the ground so if you can prevent dumping the weight, string all 12 Push Presses together and rest in the front rack. Dropping the bar means you will just have to pick it up again.
- The Toe to Bar will continue to stress the shoulders. When you return to box jumps, try and focus on relaxing the arms. Furthermore, kipping the movement is fast but generally more taxing. You may consider singles when you get exhausted. Remember…PACE wins the race.
- DON'T GO UNTIL FAILURE! Many people get to the point of barely getting a rep, then attempting another only to miss it. This is wasted energy. If those toes barely get to the bar, you should consider releasing and taking a break.